Diplo’s staff come from many countries worldwide and contribute a wide range of backgrounds to our activities: international relations, diplomacy, linguistics, history, law, cognitive sciences, didactics, management, public relations, graphic design, and information technology. Our approach is multidisciplinary and each of our staff members is involved in a number of activities.
Our activities also benefit from our connections within a number of established institutions and international networks:
- Our academic programmes are run in cooperation with the University of Malta, which is also our accrediting institution. In Malta, we also cooperate in various international initiatives with our sister institution, the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies.
- In Geneva, we cooperate extensively with the Graduate Institute of International Studies and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy in educational and other activities.
- We involve experts from the academic and international relations community worldwide in our educational and research projects, as lecturers, tutors, conference presenters, researchers and authors.
- We are associated with a network of five diplomatic training institutions in the Mediterranean, Africa, Europe and Caribbean regions established through various Swiss-supported initiatives.
- We are a member of the Global Knowledge Partnership network.
- We are also a member of the International Forum on Diplomatic Training, a group of around 80 diplomatic training academies and institutions worldwide. Diplo hosts the Forum’s website.
- We are one of the founding members of the European Diplomatic Training Initiative, which brings together leading European institutions delivering training in diplomacy, European and International Studies.
- Through our educational activities we have created an ever-growing network of alumni – currently around 2130 people from more than 185 countries worldwide. Alumni work together on a number of initiatives and many remain involved in our activities as researchers and lecturing assistants.
Board of Administrators
Dietrich Kappeler - Honorary President of DiploFoundation
Diplo Senior Fellow and Former Director, Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies, Malta
Victor Camilleri - President
Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Malta to the United Nations Office and Specialized Institutions in Geneva
André Liebich - Vice President
Professor, International History and Politics, Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva
Diplo Senior Fellow and First Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Italy to the European Union in Brussels
Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Malta to the UN, New York
Nermine El Saadany
Director of International Relations, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Egypt
Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations Office and to the international organisations in Geneva
Former Head of International Relations, Faculty of Arts, University of Malta
Jovan Kurbalija - Secretary of the Board
Director of DiploFoundation
Alex Sceberras Trigona